You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

How To Recover Recently Deleted & Blocked Email

Today, I deleted an email that I blocked that I thought was spam but it was actually one I needed. I did not find it in the Trash folder. I tried Googling for recovering on iPhone 14 Pro with lots of questions. One said to go into the Mail app, then Trash and then go to "Recently Deleted" folder. I do not have a Recently Deleted folder on my phone. Should I have this folder and if so, why do I not have it? This phone was purchased March 2023. Another suggestion was to back up my computer but didn't want a gazillion emails. So I went to my iPad and sent a copy of the email to myself. The email was sent by the US Postal Service and am afraid that further emails from them will not show up. Any advice on how to undue my mess?

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 11, 2024 9:02 AM

1 reply

Oct 11, 2024 10:04 AM in response to isj1

Hi isj1,

Sorry to hear that you deleted an email that you needed.

Unfortunately blocked emails go straight to you "Bin" folder, if you delete it there there is no possibility to recover it.

What you can do for the upcoming emails is unblock the sender in this case the US Postal Service, how you do this is different than unblocking a phone number.

Instructions:

1. Go to the Settings App on your iPhone
  2. Search for "Mail"
  3. Scroll down till you see "Blocked" and open this
  4. In this list are all your blocked email addresses visible
  5. You can simply press "Edit" in the upper right corner and delete the email address from the US Postal Service
  6. Then press "Done" in the upper right corner
  7. If you have done that the sender is unblocked and the new emails will again appear in your "Inbox"

In case this doesn't solve your issue I would recommend contacting Apple Support.

Take care!

How To Recover Recently Deleted & Blocked Email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.