You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Brand new Pro Display XDR - Gone Black after 30 minuts

Hi,

This post is only for knowledge in case it happens to someone else.

Today I finally got my Apple Pro Display XDR. My Mac guy connected it to my Mac Studio M2, I was so excited🤩.

Shlomit

I opened my macro lens photographs and was amazed. In 35 years of being an Apple user never have I seen such clarity! 🤩

But then, after 30 minutes, suddenly the screen has gone black. We checked all cables, connected the previous display and checked if the system recognized the XDR but it didn’t.

As nothing helped, we called Apple support and got transferred to a senior tech support guy. He was so nice and took great care of us. He said it’s some kind of electronics problem and that it’s the first time he heard of something like that.

Result: The display needs to be replaced.

I’m so so disappointed 😭. I can’t believe it happened even though I know there is always a possibility it can. Still, a big disappointment.

Shlomit

Mac Studio

Posted on Oct 11, 2024 11:09 AM

There are no replies.

Brand new Pro Display XDR - Gone Black after 30 minuts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.