You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Safari not being able to open websites except search engines on 2006 MacBook Pro

i, I’ve got a 2006 MacBook Pro that’s on macOSX snow leopard and safari cannot access any websites but only search engines and it says it’s not connected to the internet even though it is, I also tried connecting it via Ethernet but it also didn’t work

Earlier Mac models

Posted on Oct 11, 2024 3:10 PM

2 replies

Oct 11, 2024 10:37 PM in response to MemerGamer

Safari on macOS Snow Leopard is quite outdated and may no longer be able to access modern websites. You could try downloading a different browser like Firefox, but keep in mind that many modern browsers may not support Snow Leopard anymore. Look for legacy versions of browsers that are compatible with macOS 10.6.

Modern websites use HTTPS, and outdated root certificates on older operating systems like Snow Leopard may cause issues with accessing these sites.

Consider Upgrading to at least MacBook Air (2017 or later).These models are lightweight, and while older, they still run modern software and are capable of handling most websites and basic tasks. You can often find these used or refurbished at a good price.

Safari not being able to open websites except search engines on 2006 MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.