You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Apple Music crashes on my iPhone after the 18.0.1 update

I am so frustrated with Apple Music ever since IOS18…and 18.0.1 did not help. The app crashes constantly, making it feel impossible to use at times. Trying to play, scroll through, modify, add or remove songs, or search songs on playlists is extremely glitchy/slow now and will cause the app to crash. My playlists are now virtually unusable. Also, sometimes my phone will be playing one song, but be displaying the cover and title of a previous song from earlier in the history, which inevitably leads to a crash each time. Also, the “play next” system could also use some work, I appreciate that it now has its own section in the queue, but like how with Spotify even when you’re playing a playlist and have created a queue of up next songs, you can place songs from the regular queue to the special “play next” queue…if that makes sense. Also, with my music downloaded from CDs and other outlets etc onto Apple Music, from my computer, now all have duplicates on my phone. For example, a 12 track album is showing up as a 24 track album with duplicates of each song. Not sure what’s going on when it’s going to be addressed and would love to know that something is being worked on, people on Twitter and on here seem to be expressing have the same issue.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13, iOS 18

Posted on Oct 11, 2024 7:52 PM

There are no replies.

Apple Music crashes on my iPhone after the 18.0.1 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.