You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iMac M3 2023 Keeps Restarting - Kernel Panic

Hi, my iMac is rebooting due to kernel panic despite several reinstalls of macOS and wiping all data. I'm really desperate... Here's crash report after restart:

iMac 24″, macOS 15.0

Posted on Oct 12, 2024 4:21 AM

12 replies

Oct 13, 2024 8:31 AM in response to stevesobota

I'm not pointing the finger at you or the local repair shop, but someone has not properly format the internal drive.

Basically the volume structure is wrong and the entire Apple drive needs to be reset to the factory settings.

see > Erase your Mac and reset it to factory settings - Apple Support

If that doesn't work, then take it to an Apple Store or AASP and have them properly reset it to the factory settings.

Oct 12, 2024 7:49 AM in response to stevesobota

Startup in macOS Recovery Mode > open Disk Utility > Erase and Format APFS.

see > Use Disk Utility to erase a Mac with Apple silicon - Apple Support

Then Reinstall the macOS while started up in Recovery Mode.

see > How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support

If that doesn't work, take it to your local AASP.

see > Official Apple Support

and > Find Locations

Oct 13, 2024 4:19 AM in response to den.thed

This happens even without connecting external devices. I'm just using Neural QC modeler (for guitar effects etc.) which is connected to Satechi USB-C Slim Dock 24” iMAC - Silver - that's really it.

And I just downloaded necessary SW like Apple Creative Bundle (FCPX, Logic, Pixelmator), Moises, iReal Pro, Guitar Pro 8, Cortex Control, Spotify and MS Office. I've been using these programs for years and it never caused any problems. iMac was shutting down randomly even in Safe Boot.

Oct 13, 2024 7:38 AM in response to stevesobota

On the hardware side:

1) The APPLE SSD AP1024Z 1.00 TB internal drive is not formatted correctly.

2) The Satechi Dock, the Quad Cortex or the Realtek might also be causing a problem.

On the Software side:

1) Secure Boot: Úplné zabezpečení

2) MS Office

3) One Drive

4) Chord

5) Neural QC

6) Guitar Pro 8

7) Cortex Control

8) Screen Time Widget

The internal drive not being formatted correctly is most likely the cause of the Kernel Panic's.

The Satechi Dock, the Quad Cortex and the Realtek can easily be disconnect for testing.

I never heard of the Secure Boot Úplné zabezpečení thing, so that one is disturbing.

Make sure MS Office, One Drive, Guitar Pro 8 and the others are compatible.

iMac M3 2023 Keeps Restarting - Kernel Panic

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.