You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Apple TV update to iOS 18, now episodes do not appear in Up Next after watching and will not connect to apps.

Since my Apple TV HD automatically updated to iOS 18, I have a series of issues. For example, after I watch a tv episode the next episode doesn't automatically appear in Up Next after I watch it. It still shows it as unwatched. I checked it to see whether I have Up Next turned ON and I do. I've tried restarting Apple TV and it still doesn't changed anything. Also, when I try to watch a show directly from Apple TV such as something on Disney Plus or Amazon Prime it asks me to connect Disney Plus or Amazon Prime to Apple TV. I hit CONNECT and I just get the spinning wheel and no connection. I can only watch something on Disney Plus, Amazon Prime etc, by leaving Apple TV Up Next and going directly to the App itself directly. Any ideas or do I have to wait for the next software update?

Posted on Oct 12, 2024 8:32 AM

1 reply

Apple TV update to iOS 18, now episodes do not appear in Up Next after watching and will not connect to apps.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.