You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

I can't apply for Apple card. He said my credit history is insufficient. But this is my first time applying for a credit card. I don't have any credit cards at the moment.

Posted on Oct 12, 2024 11:18 AM

2 replies

Oct 12, 2024 11:45 AM in response to SÙXUÊ

You may want to try to get a credit card from another company. The following article from Bankrate.com https://www.bankrate.com/credit-cards/bad-credit/how-to-build-credit-fast/?tpt=b#ways-to-build-credit

has some tips for building credit including the following excerpt:

If you have no credit history or poor credit, you can explore credit cards that are easier to get approved for. Retail credit cards tend to require only a fair score, so check to see if your favorite store offers its own card. Student credit cards can also be a good option if you’re new to credit.

If you’re having trouble getting approved for a card, you may need to explore secured credit cards. You put down a deposit (like $500 or $1,000), and that amount becomes your credit limit. The lender will report on-time payments on the account to the credit bureaus.

Oct 12, 2024 1:23 PM in response to SÙXUÊ

Hi, let’s have a conversation and learn a little about credit and credit cards. This is a no pressure Enviornment where you can ask questions and learn.

Banks are all about risk. Their goal is to minimize risk and try to maximize their earnings/profits for their shareholders. Apple Card is issued by Goldman Sachs Bank, one of the largest banks in the US (top 10 or higher depending on how you want to measure it). Until about 15 years ago, they were mostly a commercial bank that dealt with business and very high wealth individuals (investments).

Long story short, Goldman Sachs did not have a lot of experience dealing with the average consumer or people first starting out with their journey with credit. You’re getting denied because without any prior experience you present too much risk for this type of lender.

But there is plenty of hope. There are several banks and lenders that are more lenient towards first time credit hard holders/borrowers. After you gain some experience, you can apply for Apple Card credit card and take advantage of the benefits it offers.

If you have questions, concerns etc. let’s talk and go from there.

I can't apply for Apple card. He said my credit history is insufficient. But this is my first time applying for a credit card. I don't have any credit cards at the moment.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.