You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple expands tools to help businesses connect with customers. Learn more >

iPad for business with one employee

I run my business with an iPad using a personal id. I now have an employee that I’d like to assign another iPad. When it comes to apps with fees/subscription costs I’d prefer not to have to purchase/subscribe to apps twice. With the apps I’m using this could get into $1k additional cost. Is it better to set the new iPad up as a managed device, and if so can i manage from my personal account, or would family sharing account for the new iPad make more sense and just limit his access to my personal use apps?

Appreciate any help in advance!

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Oct 12, 2024 12:24 PM

2 replies

Oct 15, 2024 1:41 PM in response to Rockatanskee

The terms of service require purchasing the license for each device when used by a business. You'll want to set up a free Apple Business Manager for this. It will allow you to purchase licenses centrally. When paired with a Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform, you can issue and reclaim and then reuse licenses, saving money in the long run. Prices for MDMs vary, but can be as low as free to as much as $10/device/month. Apple provides a fairly easy solution for $2/device/month that uses the same portal as Apple Business Manager. I recommend beginning the MDM process now, because it's a pain to do once you have a bunch of devices.

iPad for business with one employee

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.