You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

EFI firmware lock probably still on flash drive

So I installed windows on a Mac and a time machine it before I installed windows on my Mac. When I’ve tried to restart into macOS- It said volume not found. I don’t remember, but it randomly gave me a I don’t remember, but it randomly gave me a EFI password lock .When I put an EFI password lock. Luckily, I have macOS on my flash drive, but I’m scared to check it.

MacBook Pro (2017 – 2020)

Posted on Oct 12, 2024 7:50 PM

1 reply

Oct 12, 2024 10:19 PM in response to MacsUseEfiBoot

If you see a padlock on the screen when trying to access any special startup keys, or when there is no valid bootable volume on the internal drive, then you will need to provide the firmware password to do anything. If you do not know the firmware password, then you will need to be the original owner of the device and provide the necessary & acceptable proof of purchase & personal ID so that Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider can remove the firmware password lock.

Set a firmware password on your Mac - Apple Support

EFI firmware lock probably still on flash drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.