You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Email sync issues on iPhone 11 after iOS 18 upgrade

iPhone 11 - iOS 18.0.1

So I noticed the other day that all five email accounts on my phone (that all use the same server) had not downloaded any new email since September 17th.

This very likely coincides with my upgrade from iOS 17 to iOS 18. I AM able to SEND email without any problem .But when I try to check my email (via IMAP), I get the following error on all accounts:

The most important thing is that all my other computers are able to check may no problem. The newest is probably my 2018 mini running Ventura. The oldest would be a machine on High Sierra. They all check my mail error free. But my iPhone craps out every time. I googled the error name and number in the attached image but didn't come up with something. Did iOS 18 drop support for some kinds of certs like LetsEncrypt certs?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11

Posted on Oct 12, 2024 8:18 PM

2 replies

Oct 14, 2024 1:01 AM in response to AlWeir

Do you mean delete the email account and re-add it?

I just tried that with one of the accounts. It is still not working. Although the newly added account (using the exact same server data) isn't actually giving me an error. It's just sort of, checking forever but not actually doing anything.

Since I deleted the account and re-added it, the inbox is now empty because it's not connecting to the imap server to sync up.

Email sync issues on iPhone 11 after iOS 18 upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.