You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Password app shows prompt on an inappropriate page

On the Venmo login page, id.venmo.com/signin, Venmo remembers my username. When I click on the prompt "Password" the password app shows a password prompt. That's as it should be.

When I go on to the payment page, account.venmo.com/pay, the prompt on that page asks for the "Name, @username, email, phone" of the payee. When I click on that prompt Venmo shows a list of previous payees for me to choose from. But the password app also shows a password prompt, covering the first name on the list of payees. It should not do that.

I thought I had figured out a work-around. I deleted the password for venmo.com and created one for id.venmo.com. The password prompt came up on the login page, but also on the payment page. The address bar shows account.venmo.com, the password prompt shows id.venmo.com, so the password prompt should not come up, but it does.

I tried to dismiss the password prompt by hitting the escape key, but that dismissed the payee list, not the password prompt.

Help!

Mac mini, macOS 15.0

Posted on Oct 13, 2024 5:53 AM

There are no replies.

Password app shows prompt on an inappropriate page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.