You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

putting signatures ar the bittom

When responding to an email I prefer my response to come after the text to which I am responding.

Long ago, a favorite email app, I believe it was Eudora, allow that to be a default option. Alas Apple Mail doesn’t allow for that, either in macOS or iOS.

Wondering if anyone who has my preference is aware of a way to make this possible in Apple Mail. Especially in iOS.

Or of an email app in which this is an option.

I use signature in my emails. I prefer them to be at the bottom of my messages

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 13, 2024 6:44 AM

4 replies

Oct 13, 2024 8:11 AM in response to AlWeir

Thanks. I have been using signatures. But mail puts them at the top, assuming the response will be at the top. And there’s no way to change it.

It occurs to me that my issue is response location, top or bottom, i.e., with respect to the text of the message being responded to. Apple Mail makes it too with no way to change it.

It’s been that way for a long time. Forever I guess. Not optimistic about that changing.

So I guess the issue for me is whether there are other mail apps that allow for preference of response location.

putting signatures ar the bittom

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.