You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

How can I stop iPad mail from replacing URLs I’ve pasted in with preview/ads?

I have an iPad running OS 18.0.1. In the mail app it has started doing something really obnoxious which I can’t figure out how to turn off.

Basically if I paste a URL into the body of a message, it automatically coverts it into an image / ad for the website (complete with asking me what quality level I want to apply to the embedded image). I do not want to put a full image ad for the linked website into my email! I don’t want to add extra, un-asked-for images. URLs are text. I typed text. Don’t replace it with something else (or at least give me a way to undo this somewhere-between-irritating-and-sleazy behavior). Is there any way to turn this sludge off?

(I know it usually tries to do this junk when in messages but you can usually just delete the garbage that Apple adds in and keep the text… but in Mail it removes my originally-typed URL and if I try to put it in again, guess what, it replaces it again…)

Thanks!

iPad Pro (3rd generation)

Posted on Oct 13, 2024 7:46 AM

2 replies

How can I stop iPad mail from replacing URLs I’ve pasted in with preview/ads?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.