You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Transfer iPhone playlists (ref) to XML on Mac?

hi,

Since iTunes is not around anymore, Music on the Mac keeps losing my library and shows an empty one now and then.

I'm tired of reimporting all music and recreating the playlists. So now and then I save them but they drift form the current state.

My iPhone has my correct playlists but it seems there is no way to export the playlist from the iPhone to the Mac.

I'm not talking about transferring the music itself, only the playlist, so I get an XML file that I can re-import into Music.

Is this possible? I tried iMazing, it can export all music from the iPhone to the Mac hard disk, but that's not what I want, just the list of all music in the playlists

Thanks for any clue.

Steve

Posted on Oct 13, 2024 9:04 AM

1 reply

Oct 13, 2024 1:44 PM in response to sjordi

PS: Also I do not use the "sync" option for my music but have "manually manage my music" checked.

So syncing would erase everything on the phone and re-upload the music from my hard disk, not what I want.

I just need to extract the current playlists references (XML) from the iphone, without the music files.

Transfer iPhone playlists (ref) to XML on Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.