You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Purchased, downloaded songs take forever to play in Music app on iPhone 16 Pro

I recently purchased an iPhone 16 Pro running iOS 18.0.1 and downloaded all of my music (about 90 GB) to the phone from my computer. I purchased the 512 GB version so I still have plenty of space left. I don't use the streaming portion of Apple Music and only play songs I've either purchased from iTunes or downloaded from the internet.

I noticed that whenever I click a song, it typically takes a long time to start playing. Sometimes, it takes as long as 15 seconds to start playing, which makes switching songs a very unpleasant experience. In addition, songs can be very slow to pause and don't seem to respond to my pushing the pause button.

Is anyone else experiencing similar issues when trying to play non streamed, purchased music? Is this an iPhone 16 Pro issue or an iOS 18.0.1 issue? My iPhone 12 Pro running iOS 16.5 would sometimes take about 3 seconds to load up the first song, but was never slow to switch, pause, or play subsequent songs. I purchased the 16 Pro expecting it to be powerful and quick. So far, my experience has not lived up to expectations.

iPhone 16 Pro

Posted on Oct 13, 2024 9:43 AM

There are no replies.

Purchased, downloaded songs take forever to play in Music app on iPhone 16 Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.