You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Cannot sign into Apple TV

I'm trying to sign into an Apple TV using my Apple account. I enter my password on the settings section of the tv, get a notice on my iPhone someone is trying to sign in and to enter a code on my device. However, the device has nowhere to enter the code. I'm going crazy with this. I've tried multiple times, have been given multiple codes but Apple TV doesn't ask for the code.

PLEASE HELP! and thank you

Posted on Oct 13, 2024 12:25 PM

3 replies

Oct 14, 2024 1:29 PM in response to Urquhart1244

I found a solution elsewhere. I went into settings on my iPhone/Sign in and Security/Two Factor Authentication/Get verification Code. wrote down verification code, DID NOT hit ok but wrote down code.

Went into Apple TV entered Apple ID and password. Without using spaces the verification code is entered immediately after the password. Before I completed the process I Hit OK on phone. Then finished with the password. Was told you only have 30 seconds to complete the password and code. It worked but OMG why did this have to be such a tedious process?

Thanks for trying to help.

Cannot sign into Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.