You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Speech rate missing from Spoken Content after Sequoia 15.0.1 update

Previously, you could control the pace of speech for selected text by toggling between a range of speed options under "Speech rate." Now, that option has disappeared for me, and I have to very rudimentarily select between 0.75 vs 1 vs 1.25 etc by using the bunny and rabbit icons that pop up via speak selection. This is really frustrating when I need speech at a rate in between one of those arbitrary points. How can I recover my fully adjustable speech rate feature?

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 15.0

Posted on Oct 14, 2024 7:16 AM

1 reply

Oct 17, 2024 5:39 PM in response to cxg_cxg

Hi cxg_cxg

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community!

Re: Speech rate missing from Spoken Content after Sequoia 15.0.1 update

Seems you would generally set the preferred spoken content rate in Accessibility > Spoken Content settings in MacOS Sequoia:

Apple Support's online article: Change Spoken Content settings for accessibility on Mac - Apple Support

says:

To change these settings, choose Apple menu > System Settings, click Accessibility in the sidebar, then click Spoken Content on the right. (You may need to scroll down.)"

(Article says there is the option): "Speaking rate > Set the speed at which text is spoken".

If this setting is not available on your Mac, you may want to send feedback to reach those who work behind-the-scenes at Apple: Eg: To provide feedback about an accessibility feature on an Apple product, email the Accessibility team: accessibility@apple.com

All the best :-)

Speech rate missing from Spoken Content after Sequoia 15.0.1 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.