You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Does the latest Apple TV models allow for dual Siri remotes?

Since this thing first came out all those years ago, you've only been able to use one Apple Siri physical Bluetooth remote to control your Apple TV.

While our second generation Apple TV is very old at this point it still works great and despite the fact that we have a 4K TV we don't have the bandwidth with our Internet to stream 4K content, so upgrading to the latest version of the Apple TV hardware to take advantage of the 4K resolution option isn't technically an option for us at this time

However, if Apple has finally gotten their act together and provided a way to have (2) physical Siri remotes linked to the single Apple TV hardware box, that ability alone would be reason enough for us to upgrade. Simply because we'd love to stop being forced to toss a single Apple Siri remote back-and-forth to each other to takeover control of the programming on our Apple TV when the need arises.

Does anyone know?

And just to be clear… We are aware of the ability to use a universal remote as a second remote control for the Apple TV but we want to use two Apple branded remotes for obvious reasons. One being that we have two additional Apple TV remotes in a drawer right now that are fully functional but due to the limitations Apple is put on the Apple TV we have we can't use them.

Thanks in advance.

Apple TV HD

Posted on Oct 14, 2024 7:35 AM

3 replies

Oct 14, 2024 7:51 AM in response to Sir Macsalot

One Siri Remote can be used at a time with any one unit. This hasn’t changed.

Aside from third party universal remotes, users may also choose to use the software remote on iPhone or iPad.

While not strictly a remote, a bluetooth game controller can also perform remote navigation interchangeably.

The old style Apple Remote (aluminum) A1294 can also be used interchangeably [through IR].

… for obvious reasons.

Not obvious to me?

You can send your request for functionality to Apple directly: Feedback - Apple TV - Apple.

Oct 14, 2024 9:05 AM in response to muguy

Thanks for the input guys, appreciate it. 👍

I actually have been using my iPhone 16 Pro Max to control the Apple TV when someone else is using the physical remote, but I mainly ask on behalf of some of our more elderly family members here that don't have an iPhone, but would like to have their own dedicated physical remote they can keep with them independent of the primary Siri Remote.

Does the latest Apple TV models allow for dual Siri remotes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.