You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Hurricane Milton killed internet for a while and still can't airplay my legally downloaded movies!

It is 5 days after Hurricane Milton and electricity is back on, but still have no internet due to storm damage. Nevertheless, I was thrilled to have power since I have been watching everything on this 16 inch screen since the storm and I'm thinking that I can now airplay my stuff.

I tried to play my Apple purchased movie, downloaded today via my iPhone 15 personal hotspot, to my 2024 MacBook Air (M3 chip), but I was not allowed to use my wifi signal to airplay it on my TV because when I switched over to my wifi router to airplay it won't play. Instead it says, 'This monitor does not support HDR playback'.

I then tried using my Apple HDMI dongle to play it with a HDMI cable directly into the TV, only to get the same roadblock as mentioned before. Can't mirror my screen and play, can't airplay, can't play via smart TV, can't use a HDMI...?

I am asking the question to the community, is there a right way to make this work, or should I have kept my old DVD player and discs for times like this? Or, is there a fancier HDMI cable I'm not aware of? I know it is a copyright issue, but is there a legal and correct way to do this?

Listen, Hurricanes and the Gulf Coast of Florida go together like cheese and macaroni so I'd very much like to get this squared away for the next storm. Please help.

MacBook Air 15″, macOS 14.6

Posted on Oct 14, 2024 6:56 PM

There are no replies.

Hurricane Milton killed internet for a while and still can't airplay my legally downloaded movies!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.