You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Apple Music search only works with single word searches

Hi.

I love Apple Music and never had any problems with it but last night I was doing a search for a song I wanted In my library and I got the following message "Something went wrong. Please try again later." There was a retry button but when I pressed it just went back to the same error message.

Having messed around with it I've discovered that the search function works if you only use one word but if you try to use more than one word, for instance a band name with more than one word or a band and song title I get the above error message.

As an example if I wanted 'War Pigs' by Black Sabbath in my library I'd have to search "Black', go through all the bands with Black in the title to find Black Sabbath and then selected an album 'War Pigs' is on and then download the song from there. Obviously that's quite a time consuming and convoluted way of finding a song and I'd like my search function to work properly again!

Can anyone help? I have my Apple Music account on my desktop PC and my McBook laptop and it is only effecting the MacBook. I've turned the WiFi on and off and I've tried closing down Apple Music and restarting it and closing down my McBook and restarting it to no effect.

MacBook Air (M2, 2023)

Posted on Oct 15, 2024 7:26 AM

There are no replies.

Apple Music search only works with single word searches

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.