You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

my imac running on safarikeeps switching itself off

Randomly stops and i have to reboot

iMac 24″, macOS 15.0

Posted on Oct 15, 2024 7:46 AM

3 replies

Oct 15, 2024 11:35 PM in response to secretbaldeagle

Apple Support has an article online (link below) that may be helpful:

See: If Safari doesn't open a page or work as expected on your Mac - Apple Support

Else: If you still need help:

Check your MacOS version is the newest available version:

Eg: What's new in the updates for macOS Sequoia - Apple Support says MacOS 15.0.1 is the latest.

If you have any unnecessary third party (non-Apple) apps like ad-blockers, virus-checkers, cleaners, and the like, try turning them off (or use their uninstallers from their developers / manufacturers)

For any necessary third-party apps, check they are updated to the newest compatible app.

(ie: Only Apple apps are updated automatically when you update, or upgrade, MacOS)

Oct 16, 2024 4:36 AM in response to brbo

Thank-you but that is not what is happening. I have 15.0.1 and since I downloaded it my computer decides to switch itself off randomly. Even worse when I try to reboot it switches off before I have even put the password in. This happened a few years ago after a new version of Safari and eventually without admitting error, Apple produced a download that cured the problem. The same will eventually happen with this one.

Dont suggest I ring Apple support please. I did that before and some overhelpful chap in the Philippines made a complete mess of my Mac [and probably contributed to its early total failure and need for a new one]

my imac running on safarikeeps switching itself off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.