You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Unable to send emails with Mac mail - Smtp offline - Can receive mails

Hi,

For the past 2 days, I cannot send emails from my work account using Macmail. The SMTP serveur shows as being offline. I have contacted my helpline and all the parameters are correct (port/passwords/username/hostame...).

I can receive mails just fine, but can't send anything. I used the connection doctors and see this message "Could not connect to this SMTP server. Check your network connection and that you entered the correct information in the Account preferences. Also verify that the server supports SSL. If it does not, deselect the Use TLS/SSL tickbox in the Server Settings tab of Account preferences."

Again, all the parameters are ok.

I have gmail accounts as well and I don't have any issues with those

I have tried to switch on and off online status. I quit, rebooted several times. I have also updated my IOS to the latest update and no luck.

Please help, this is a huge issue.

MacBook Pro 16″

Posted on Oct 15, 2024 2:12 PM

2 replies

Oct 15, 2024 3:54 PM in response to guillemette

Have you tried remove the email account and re-entering in Mail. you don't say what email you are using so I'll ad this in.

Remove your present email from Mail and re-enter it using the appropriate option. With that being said if it is a Hotmail or Outlook email try using the Outlook.com option. If that doesn't work try the Microsoft Exchange option. If that still doesn't work about the only alternative you have is to download the Outlook app from the app store and use that for Microsofts email be they Outlook, Hotmail or MSN

Oct 16, 2024 2:11 AM in response to AlWeir

Hi AiWeir,

Yes I have already removed all my accounts and reinstalled them, that didn't. This is my own domain email address, but my business partner, who also has an email using this domain on his Mac laptop, has had no issues. I have gmail address on MacMail and they work fine.

It happened suddenly, I didn't do anything to the setting.

Unable to send emails with Mac mail - Smtp offline - Can receive mails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.