You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Sat-Oct05 2024 - the same error again: "Unable to verify account"

I tried everything I found in the internet: 1) deleted the account 2) Purchased and use CleanMyMac X.app, 3) Removed all entries with my hotmail account in Keychain

then tried to set up the account as "Other" using my regular hotmail account -which uses POP, and SMTP, and used the settings from here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/pop-imap-and-smtp-settings-for-outlook-com-d088b986-291d-42b8-9564-9c414e2aa040

and everytime it was spinning to connect I got "Unable to verify account name or Password"

Now, I did log off-on from hotmail via browser (OWA) - and I also did the same on my wife's mac: all good with login and log off. So the problem was not with my hotmail credentials or the password.

Last option: I opened my Mail.app, and added the email account as Microsoft Exchange, I was asked for my password, and email address (hotmail) and PROBLEM SOLVED...!!!

Was it something within my MacBookPro 16" and Mail.app? - I don't think so - I believe MS has made some changes with POP and IMAP for Hotmail, since I was able to connect via MS Exchange. Maybe I missed some news about it?

I hope the above helps for anybody who maybe having the same issues. cheers, _HS

MacBook Pro 15″

Posted on Oct 15, 2024 2:30 PM

There are no replies.

Sat-Oct05 2024 - the same error again: "Unable to verify account"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.