You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Sonoma Update Lost All Email files &folders

After latest update Sonoma AOL files folders disappeared - Cannot even duplicate on web page. How can I get back ? AOL tried to up sell me rather than assist.

MacBook Air (M2, 2022)

Posted on Oct 15, 2024 9:05 PM

3 replies

Oct 16, 2024 1:25 AM in response to caninemiss

The configuration within the Mail application for AOL eMail services

Is it using the POP Protocol or the newer IMAP Protocol ?

https://help.aol.com/articles/how-do-i-use-other-email-applications-to-send-and-receive-my-aol-mail

According to AOL you can use one or the other

Understanding, if POP was used, the emails removed from the AOL Servers and are Only On You Computer

Use favorite mailboxes in Mail on Mac

Oct 16, 2024 8:35 AM in response to PRP_53

Thank you for your detailed reply- However, I have been using this protocol (my aol is IMAP and within apple mail app for about 15+/- years and all the apple updates and upgrades during that time-) Apparently, the last senior #4 that helped informed me after struggling bringing AOL back into apple mail ism after he "EARSED my computer totally and brought back in, "some version" of Sonoma --- AOL is no longer welcome in apple mail BUT I COULD/SHOULD/WOULD STILL SEE ALL MY FILES ON AOL WEBSITE ("I call the back door) - NADA - all files and folders /emails dissapeared

Called AOL and no assistance just wanted to up sell their mail and security services for $39/month.

Thank you again for your kind effort to assist. Keep me posted.

Sonoma Update Lost All Email files &folders

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.