You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Finder Deletes Shortcuts in Sidebar - Oct 2024

I place a shortcut in Finder's Sidebar and it seemingly randomly deletes itself, often overnight when the computer is sleeping. Is there an ETA as to when Apple Developers will fix this? I have a feeling the faulty code is somewhere pretty deep inside their version of BSD as this has been an, increasingly, annoying bug since I first moved to Mac from Windows years ago. Never had this issue on Linux or Windows...

Posted on Oct 16, 2024 5:56 AM

1 reply

Oct 16, 2024 6:05 AM in response to finderIsBuggy

Where do the original items exist?

I find unused network shares will eventually time out or if you try to connect to them when they you’re not on that network they sometimes will go away.If you have desktop and documents synced with iCloud Drive and you try to move the desktop and documents folders up into the favorites that tends to stop working.I’ve never seen anything else just randomly disappear

None of us here work for Apple so we have no idea what their plans involve.

Finder Deletes Shortcuts in Sidebar - Oct 2024

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.