You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Microsoft Word on iPad full screen bug

There’s a very annoying bug on the iPad app for my iPad Pro 2018 where the navigation bar (e.g. Home, Insert, View, Review etc.) completely disappears when in full screen Microsoft word in Office365. There is then no way that I can find to bring the navigation bar back while in full screen. The only option is to split screen my iPad with another programme, which then makes the navigation bar come back.

When opening a brand new document in full screen, the navigation bar is there. This bug appeared after I shared a document with my peers, who entered review mode to suggest edits, then when I reopened the document I was unable to see the navigation bar (without going split screen).

Would really love a suggestion for what to do when this happens, a shortcut to open navigation bar maybe? A fix of the bug?

Full screen no navigation bar and no way to find it

Split screen with navigation bar returned

Posted on Oct 16, 2024 6:57 AM

There are no replies.

Microsoft Word on iPad full screen bug

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.