You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

How to change account display in Mac Mail?

Hi All,

I recently updated from OS 10.14 to Ventura. One thing I'm not liking is the way that the accounts are displayed in Mac Mail. Previously the accounts in the left pane were displayed as:

Inbox

account 1

account 2

account 3

Drafts

account 1

account 2

account 3

Sent

account 1

account 2

account 3

etc.

Now they are displayed as:

Account 1

inbox

drafts

sent

junk

trash

Account 2

inbox

drafts

sent

junk

trash

etc.

Now in order to see the inbox in every account I have to have every account 'twirled' down to show all of the sub-mailboxes. Previously I could just have the 'inbox' section twirled down to show the inbox of each account. It was so much easier to see at a glance which accounts had new messages. Now I have to look down the entire left pane to see that same info. Any way to switch back?

Posted on Oct 16, 2024 7:27 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2024 7:54 AM

The Sidebar in the mail app has multiple sections. The ones you describe first, are the "All Inboxes", "All Draft" and "All Sent" groups under the Favorites section.

Do you have Favorites collapsed? If so, click on the ">" icon next to the Favorites label to expand it and show its contents.

You can click on the (+) icon next to the ">" to add more mailboxes there.

click here ➜ Use favorite mailboxes in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 16, 2024 7:54 AM in response to chris catalano

The Sidebar in the mail app has multiple sections. The ones you describe first, are the "All Inboxes", "All Draft" and "All Sent" groups under the Favorites section.

Do you have Favorites collapsed? If so, click on the ">" icon next to the Favorites label to expand it and show its contents.

You can click on the (+) icon next to the ">" to add more mailboxes there.

click here ➜ Use favorite mailboxes in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

How to change account display in Mac Mail?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.