You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Issue with Clock App Alarm and Timer on External Audio Sources (iOS 17.6.1 and 18.0.1)

Since the release of iOS 18, I've encountered an issue with the Clock app where alarms and timers won't play through external audio sources. I work at a school and we've tested this on several devices, including iPads running iOS 17.6.1 and 18.0.1, as well as iPhones. The problem arises when an iPad is connected via AirPlay to an Apple TV. The audio for the alarm or timer doesn't play, even though the device is connected. If I try changing the sound, the audio plays through the device itself, but when the timer or alarm goes off, no sound is heard through the external speaker.

We tested this across multiple Apple TVs (10 in total) and a variety of iPads and iPhones, but the issue persisted. Other apps play sound correctly, so this seems to be specific to the Clock app. I also tried connecting external speakers and headphones, but the result was the same: the alarm and timer only work through the device’s internal speaker.

I contacted Apple Support, and after multiple transfers, they were unable to identify a solution. Unfortunately, I couldn't submit feedback specifically for the Clock app on Apple Feedback. Has anyone else experienced this issue, or is there a workaround?

iPad, iPadOS 18

Posted on Oct 16, 2024 8:07 AM

There are no replies.

Issue with Clock App Alarm and Timer on External Audio Sources (iOS 17.6.1 and 18.0.1)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.