You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

my voice over is not saying anymore what is appearing on my screen.

Hello, My father is blind and is using his iphone with voice over all the time. SInce yesterday, the voice over is not saying anymore what is on his screen appearing.

We can turn on voice over, and use siri to help out to ask for the time and a date for example, but normally when he turns his iphone off and on, it automatically says what is on his screen appearing.

So when you switch it off and on, it comes on the home screen and he is telling with voice over what that time it is. It also says with applications are on the screen, but now not anymore

Now this is not working anymore.

I have been looking into the voice over menu, but could not find anything on how to turn it on again.

I restarted the whole phone 2 times, but still when I turn on voice over, it stays silent.

The phone mute is not on, and the volume is high.

Is their somebody who can help us?

Thanks.

ROnald

iPhone SE (3rd generation)

Posted on Oct 16, 2024 8:37 AM

1 reply

Oct 17, 2024 6:52 PM in response to keersmaekers

Hi keersmaekers

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community!

Re: "voice over is not saying anymore what is appearing on my screen"

You may want to check through the Voice Over settings on the phone in case they have been accidentally altered.

(Eg: maybe the VoiceOver Volume is set so low that VoiceOver can not be heard)

Wondering which iOS version is installed on your father's iPhone.

Eg For iOS 18 (or please choose correct iOS version at the top of the article):

See: Change your VoiceOver settings on iPhone - Apple Support

All the best :-)

my voice over is not saying anymore what is appearing on my screen.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.