You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Music library disappeared after cancelling Apple Music trial

I have a large music library and several playlists that I have used for years on my iMac, iPhone and Apple TVs. I recently cancelled my free Apple Music trial that was included with the purchase of a new iPhone 15 Pro and now all of my playlists and purchased music (including music from a CD collection) have disappeared from my iMac and the 'Music' tab no longer appears on the Computer app on my Apple TVs. Is this Apple's way of forcing people to subscribe to Apple Music?

Originally my music and albums still showed on my iMac, but I could not play it on my Apple TV's as there was no 'Music' tab on the Computers app like there was previous to subscribing to the Apple Music trial. While trying to correct the problem I signed out of Apple Music on my iMac and signed back in, then all my music and playlists disappeared. Now the only device with my music and playlists remaining is my iPhone. It would be real, real nice to not have to rebuild years worth of playlists!

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 18

Posted on Oct 16, 2024 9:47 AM

There are no replies.

Music library disappeared after cancelling Apple Music trial

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.