You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Warning on my iMac: " '(File name)' Will damage your computer." How can I fix it?

I continue to get this following message"OpticalUpdaterfld22498698159 will damage your computer."

"The file was down loaded on an unknown date."

choices are to click OK or SHOW IN FINDER/ box is already checked for Report malware to Apple to protect other users

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 13.7

Posted on Oct 16, 2024 11:53 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2024 4:25 PM

In every case I have seen there are multiple files that will need to be deleted or you will soon see a different app that will damage your computer. If you do or you want to prevent it, post the 3 screenshots I have suggested.

A well respected user here has even wrote a User Tip about this:

About those " will damage your computer" … - Apple Community

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 16, 2024 4:25 PM in response to kewilsonfl

In every case I have seen there are multiple files that will need to be deleted or you will soon see a different app that will damage your computer. If you do or you want to prevent it, post the 3 screenshots I have suggested.

A well respected user here has even wrote a User Tip about this:

About those " will damage your computer" … - Apple Community

Warning on my iMac: " '(File name)' Will damage your computer." How can I fix it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.