You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Why is my payment method restricted on the iTunes Store?

Hello I have only one payment method and have only ever used one payment method and it is not allowing me to use it to get storage or anything through my iPhone. I need this restriction removed immediately. I did not pay $1200 for a phone that I cannot use because you guys put some kind of restriction on my only payment net that I have. Take it off now.

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 14 Plus, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 16, 2024 2:57 PM

1 reply

Oct 16, 2024 3:15 PM in response to barkervictoria

You may think you are talking to Apple here, but that is not the case. We are users here just like you. Threats to sue us have no impact.

• Not sure what the issue with your payment method has to do with email. The Mail app works perfectly fine without a payment method.
  • Nobody here knows what the problem with your Payment Method is. One way that a payment method will be deemed invalid is if you dispute a charge with your bank. This is usually because you have reported fraudulent behavior on your card, and for that reason, Apple will not use it to make any further purchases or allow it as a valid payment method.
  • If it is a problem adding the card to Apple Pay, then it is your bank that approves/denies the card to be added. Apple does not have the information from your bank account to make that determination.
  • Also, not sure what steps you have taken to resolve the problem. The Apple Account will be disabled for security reasons if the Passcode/Password has been entered incorrectly too many times. This is resolved by contacting Apple to have the account reactivated.

Why is my payment method restricted on the iTunes Store?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.