You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Bluetooth pairing iPad (Gen9 iPadOS 18.0.1) and Mac Mini (Mac OS 15.01 Sequoia)?

Is it possible to Bluetooth pair an iPad (Gen9 iPadOS 18.0.1) and Mac Mini (Mac OS 15.01 Sequoia)?

I can pair my iPhone successfully with my iPad, but my Mac mini doesn't show up. Is there some configuration that needs to be performed?

The reason I'd doing this is I have to use my Wifi for a dedicated device (FlightScope Mevo+ radar). Some software I'm using also require internet access. I can pair my phone but my phone is mobile and walks away with me at times. My Mac mini is sitting on the desk beside both of these devices and is going nowhere so would be the better way to go. Also, I get phone calls that mess things up. Any clear direction would be appreciated. It might not be possible (but why??).

iPad, iPadOS 18

Posted on Oct 16, 2024 4:05 PM

1 reply

Oct 16, 2024 8:25 PM in response to scminter2

scminter2 wrote:

Is it possible to Bluetooth pair an iPad (Gen9 iPadOS 18.0.1) and Mac Mini (Mac OS 15.01 Sequoia)?

I can pair my iPhone successfully with my iPad, but my Mac mini doesn't show up. Is there some configuration that needs to be performed?

The reason I'd doing this is I have to use my Wifi for a dedicated device (FlightScope Mevo+ radar). Some software I'm using also require internet access. I can pair my phone but my phone is mobile and walks away with me at times. My Mac mini is sitting on the desk beside both of these devices and is going nowhere so would be the better way to go. Also, I get phone calls that mess things up. Any clear direction would be appreciated. It might not be possible (but why??).

You can't pair any Apple devices together via bluetooth except for tethering.

Bluetooth pairing iPad (Gen9 iPadOS 18.0.1) and Mac Mini (Mac OS 15.01 Sequoia)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.