You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Repeatedly failing to verify identity for Apple Cash

I originally tried verifying my identity before I was 18, and my Apple Cash account was restricted.

After turning 18 in August, I called an Apple Cash representative, and they told me I would be able to fix my account now that I was 18---it ended up failing again, and the representative told me that it might be because I had only recently turned 18.

After waiting another month, I attempted to reverify my identity, but it failed again. Before I try for the 4th time later this month, I want to ensure that there is nothing I am doing wrong, or figure out if there is anything I can do now to ensure my next attempt will be successful.

(For further context, I was able to verify my identity in Venmo, CashApp, etc., and only Apple Cash is giving me trouble.)

Posted on Oct 16, 2024 6:17 PM

6 replies

Oct 17, 2024 8:39 AM in response to Jeff Donald

My Apple Account already has my birthdate set, I double checked to make sure it was correct.

When I was under 18 I was never actually able to open an Apple Cash account—they made me verify upfront, and after 3 failed attempts, it got restricted.

Every time I call Apple Support they temporarily lift the restriction and allow me to reverify again, but it always fails and the restriction returns.

Oct 17, 2024 9:20 AM in response to apallati

Is the address in USPS format? There are free USPS address verification services and links you can find online. Have you checked your SSN on SSA.gov website? Your SSN could be compromised. Have you checked the three credit bureaus for fraud on your credit reports? This could be something else entirely and not related to your age and previous attempts at opening an account.

Oct 17, 2024 11:15 AM in response to Jeff Donald

I’ve already checked my credit reports, and everything looks correct. I’m not sure about USPS format—I used the address that was autocompleted by Apple while typing my address and assumed that it was already formatted properly.

What exactly am I supposed to do on the SSA.gov site? I can’t find any place to check if my SSN was compromised.

(It also might be worth mentioning that I was able to verify my identity on various other platforms, and I was approved for a new credit card in the time Apple has failed to verify my identity)

Repeatedly failing to verify identity for Apple Cash

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.