You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

How do I delete album art in Music now?

I am having issues with a lot of album art NOT transferring from Mac to new iphone. I am on Music v1.1.6.37. Sometimes the art shows in Music on Mac main page, but doesn't show anything under "get info", but sometimes DOES also show under "get info", so I want to replace it hoping for a fix, but I can no longer figure out how to delete the existing art. It just lets me add another art file. Used to be able to right click on art and delete. How do I delete art through Music on a file now?

MacBook Pro (2017 – 2020)

Posted on Oct 17, 2024 9:25 AM

1 reply

Oct 18, 2024 3:22 PM in response to Sequoia225

Song files each get their own artwork. If you have an album of songs and half of them have art work and half don't, that could be causing your problem.

What I would try is going to the album level, right click on the album -> Get Info -> Artwork -> paste in the new artwork.

The way you can delete artwork is very similar. On the artwork tab, click on the artwork then press the delete (backspace) key.

How do I delete album art in Music now?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.