You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

How to add more profiles to Apple TV+

I have no Apple devices but have multiple people in my household. How do I create multiple profiles for AppleTV+ so that it tracks the shows separately for each person. I have many other streaming platforms and this is usually just as easy as clicking add profile and typing a name.

URU800D,

Posted on Oct 17, 2024 9:30 AM

3 replies

Oct 18, 2024 4:40 AM in response to egrinnel

Apple doesn’t use multiple profiles per account. Instead, several Apple Accounts can share a service in a Family Sharing group. However, that group has to be set up on an Apple device of one of the group members. The group organizer and the subscriber do not have to be the same person.

The reasoning is that an Apple Account is (potentially) much more than just for a streaming service. The account itself should not be shared, and the group forming is a way around that.

About Family Sharing - Apple

Learn more about what you can do with Family Sharing - Apple Support

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Add a family member to your shared subscriptions - Apple Support

How to create a new Apple Account - Apple Support

How to add more profiles to Apple TV+

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.