You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Spam emails on MacMail

Everyday around 3am, 9am, 12pm, 3pm, 6pm and 9pm I received dozens of spam emails from bots on my MacMail to my iCloud email address. Everyday I block the senders. All my junk mail filters are correctly ticked, after long sessions on the phone with Apple. Everyday I get more and more spam. During one hour period between 3pm-4pm on Saturday, I received nearly 400 spam emails and then they just stopped for 12 hours. The Sender's details and titles to the emails are obviously spam. Why is Apple unable to stop such emails???? Why do I still receive emails from blocked senders which say the sender is blocked???!!! Why is it not actually possible to block some of the senders (who are somehow getting around Apple's systems). Apple's response has so far been that it is my fault because I obviously by retail goods online and use my email address???!!! I don't speak Chinese, Russian, Korean, Arabic or Polish. I don't visit retail sites in these countries. Thanks Apple. Please sort this out. There appear to be thousands of customers making similar comments in this forum.

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Oct 17, 2024 12:57 PM

3 replies

Oct 17, 2024 1:46 PM in response to JillandRyan

Start making rules. Blocking isn't really going to help that mnuch. Spammer change the email they use as fast as you can delete the spam

This is a example of what I do. When the spam shows up I create a rule. The next time it or something similar shows up with the same name I highlight the the email in Mail, but don't open it and then click Apply Rules. Also in the Mail option Privacy, check off Protect Mail Privacy. Also use Private Relay in iCloud.

Spam emails on MacMail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.