You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Ideal way of cleaning dirt and dust from my iMac keyboard

I have the keys of my keyboard dirty and my nearest Apple Store it’s like 5h driving. If I get my computer to a keyboard computer cleaner would I still can use my warranty? if the answer is not, what should I do?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Oct 17, 2024 5:34 PM

2 replies

Oct 19, 2024 6:29 AM in response to Mariamontalva

When my keyboard keys get dirty, I moisten a quarter of a paper towel with some Fantastic (moist only, not wet!!) Then gently rub each key one at a time to remove the built-up dirt. From time to time I refold the paper towel to use a clean surface. Rub just the tops of the keycaps in a circular motion. Be careful not to let any liquid run down the sides of the keys. (Even a moist paper towel has some liquid on it.) Run a dry towel over the keyboard to pick up any remaining moisture.

Before cleaning, either disconnect the keyboard from the computer or shut down your computer/

Also, do not spray the keyboard with anything or use any powdered cleaners.

Ideal way of cleaning dirt and dust from my iMac keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.