You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Mac repeatly disconnects and reconnects to wifi at certain times of the day

My MacBook Air (2017, 13.3 Inch model) repeatedly disconnects and reconnects (but says "No IP address") to WiFi after around 11pm. The issue stops at around 8am the next day, and everything works fine again. I can't explain it here, but I have uploaded a video of the problem on Youtube.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.7

Posted on Oct 17, 2024 10:24 PM

2 replies

Oct 18, 2024 2:38 AM in response to neotg

Can you confirm, what version of macOS is this >> My MacBook Air (2017, 13.3 Inch model) << running ?

I ask because your question is appearing in macOS 14 Sonoma which by all rights, this computer does not qualify to run.

I know, sometimes posting get placed in the wrong forum - it does occur though

macOS Sonoma is compatible with these computers

Computer Qualifying for macOS 13 Ventura 

Computer Qualify for the Monterey upgrade

Oct 18, 2024 9:27 AM in response to neotg

Open System Settings and search for 'downtime' and make sure it's not turned on and schedule to run between 11pm - 8am.

Check with whoever manages the wifi because it's possible to schedule when WiFi is turned on and off at the router / access point. For example, I use UniFi and I can do the following to prevent my kids from using WiFi when they should be sleeping:

Mac repeatly disconnects and reconnects to wifi at certain times of the day

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.