You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

In my I-Pad pro 17.7 OS I was Able to Unlock to get Privacy Mode. But now How do I Return To the regular light search bar?

Unfortunately, I’m Now Stuck in the Privacy Mode and I need to Un-do it. Help, please? How do I get out of Prvacy Mode in an I-Pad?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 17

Posted on Oct 17, 2024 10:56 PM

1 reply

Oct 18, 2024 5:56 AM in response to Lv3StvAprd

You can use Private Browsing to open tabs that don’t appear in History on iPad or in the list of tabs on your other devices. Tabs in Private Browsing aren’t shared with your other Apple devices, even if you’re signed in to the same Apple Account.

If you have a passcode set on your iPad, Private Browsing locks when it’s not in use. Private Browsing may not lock immediately.

1. Go to the Safari app  on your iPad.
  2. Tap , then tap Private.
  3. Follow the directions onscreen to unlock Private Browsing.
  4. To exit Private Browsing, tap , then tap a Tab Group. The websites you have open in Private Browsing stay open, and Private Browsing locks. 

To allow Private Browsing to be locked, go to Settings  > Apps > Safari, then turn on Require Passcode to Unlock Private Browsing, Require Face ID to Unlock Private Browsing (supported models), or Require Touch ID to Unlock Private Browsing (supported models).

In my I-Pad pro 17.7 OS I was Able to Unlock to get Privacy Mode. But now How do I Return To the regular light search bar?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.