You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

iPad / Pencil and Apple Notes not working properly

I'm asking for help here, because Apple support have been no use to me at all. Let me set out my stall...please.

I have an iPad Pro 11' (2020) and 2nd Gen Apple Pencil. I have experienced in recent months in both iOS 17 AND 18, that trying to write with the Apple Pencil in notes has gotten very inconsistent. It repeatedly (like 70% of the time):

1. Writes inconsistently, sometimes with me writing a whole sentence and having to stop before any of my writing will appear.

2. Will think I've literally shot the pencil across the page and thus draw a line right through my notes

3. Writes inconsistently - Skipping or Missed Strokes.

I thought this was down to my 2020 iPad and my 2nd Gen pencil. At least that's what multiple interactions with Apple Support told me.

So I went out and purchased a new iPad Pro M4 and Pencil Pro. Out of the box I got exactly the same issues as above.

So I then tried it with a new iPad Air M2 and Pencil Pro. Out of the box I got exactly the same issues above when trying to use Apple Notes.

I do not get the issue with Apple Pencil and any other notes app. Just the Apple Notes App.

Apple have been useless to acknowledge it, let alone solve it. They keep blaming hardware. But I fail to see how two new iPads out of the Box can have the same issue with a new Apple Pencil.

I have tried al the suggested resets, bluetooth on off etc. But as I say, when it's still happening with new hardware out of the box as well as my old 2020 iPad Pro and 2nd Gen pencil I fail to see how this can be hardware related.

Has anyone else had this experience and did you manage to get it solved please?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 18

Posted on Oct 18, 2024 1:52 PM

There are no replies.

iPad / Pencil and Apple Notes not working properly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.