You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Safari Browser Experimental features are adding up and I can’t find answers for a great many of them?

I’m wondering about all these adds in the Safari Experimental features, which came in on version 18? Can anyone help?

Here are a list of a few:

1. Trusted Types?what the helk are types referring to
  2. Upgrade IP addresses and localhost in mixed content?We already have randomized IP ADDRESS in our WiFi selection?
  3. Upgrade upgradable mixed content? Why do we need a choice in upgrading mixed content? It only adds to cache buildup?
  4. Private Token usage by third party? Why does any third party need a private token, and what is a token for. I don’t like sharing anymore than I have to?
  5. Overlapping backing stores? What is overlapping and why would I back store it?

I’m super tired of researching all this stuff, so I’m not getting cross tracking, offering data to Apple I don’t have to and certainly don’t need all these API’s for every single thing when the browsers I use, aren’t Safari, and have all this protection, if I use Private browsing. Yet, Safari overrides your browsers with some of these selections, plus it give my data away? It certainly is adding cache to my iPhone storage?

If there’s a iPhone user who know more about the new Safari Experimental Features,

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 18

Posted on Oct 18, 2024 2:21 PM

2 replies

Safari Browser Experimental features are adding up and I can’t find answers for a great many of them?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.