You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Unable to install PC Matic software to my MacBook post reinstalling macOS Sequoia.

I was operating with Sequoia 15.0.1 and PC Matic. I had a disk drive issue that required it to be wiped and reloaded. Now the PC Matic will not install. Help from the PC Matic tech support was not helpful. They say the software is not compatible with Sequoia 15; however, it was working before I wiped the drive and reloaded.

[Edited by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 15.0

Posted on Oct 18, 2024 6:18 PM

5 replies

Oct 18, 2024 8:16 PM in response to RC135AMT

Completely agree with @dialabrain. macOS already has great built-in security especially when combined with the user practicing safe computing habits such as those outlined in this excellent article:

Effective defenses against malware and other threats - Apple Community

Anti-virus apps, cleaning/optimizer apps, and third party security software usually cause more problems than they solve because they interfere with the normal operation of macOS at a very low level.

Oct 19, 2024 7:28 PM in response to dialabrain

FWIW, I have used PC Matic on all of my computers for over a decade. I don’t get viruses. It has worked on this machine since I bought it three or four years ago and has only just now failed to reinstall. So, rather than just washing my hands of it, I would like to fix the issue. I think it is going to require an update from PC Matic to fix.

Thanks for your opinion. I do appreciate that you took the time to think about it and write it out.

Unable to install PC Matic software to my MacBook post reinstalling macOS Sequoia.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.