You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

How do I move my apple music library (As an apple music subscriber) into my iTunes library to then add to my iPod?

Hi, I recently purchased and iPod Nano 6 and was curious If there was a way to get my apple music library into mp3s on iTunes and then onto my iPod. If anybody could help, That would be greatly appreciated.

iPod nano

Posted on Oct 18, 2024 7:23 PM

2 replies

Oct 19, 2024 2:55 AM in response to corbinstevens

Apple Music (the subscription service) cannot be saved as MP3s or added to an iPod nano.

The subscription service needs intermittent internet access, so requires something like an iPod Touch. Furthermore, the music is not simple MP3 and the music is protected as you do not own a copy.

However, if you mean music that you have purchased and they're in MP3 format, those can be added to the nano.

Finally, since you mentioned the subscription, I'm assuming that this is what you mean. Apple, in their wisdom, also have an app named Apple Music that is a sort of replacement for iTunes. But I don't think that's what you mean.

How do I move my apple music library (As an apple music subscriber) into my iTunes library to then add to my iPod?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.