You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

How do I have the access to enter password on the TV screen through my Mac?

I connected my Mac book screen which totally separate not connected with the MacBook, because it broke. so I used a HDMI cable to connect the Mac with my TV display, I can see display of Mac on TV screen and mouse is moving but the issue is I cannot put my password in it doesn't give me the option where you enter your password to access your Mac.

--need urgent help--

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 18

Posted on Oct 19, 2024 12:08 AM

1 reply

Oct 19, 2024 3:32 PM in response to Urfavsami

I'm not sure I completely understand. Are you saying that the MacBook's screen has now becoming completely disconnected from the Mac? If so, then you're stuck. The Mac is in "extended desktop" mode where the main controls, menu bar and Dock are still being displayed to the now-missing internal screen and there's no way to force the Mac into "mirroring" mode so that the TV is the primary display.

If, however, the MacBook's screen is broken but still attached, connect an external keyboard and mouse and close the Mac's screen. That should, unless things are really broken, make the TV the primary monitor so you can log in and use the Mac.

Regards.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.