You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iPod 3rd Gen Classic A1040 (VW Version) charged but doesn't respond

I'm the original owner of the gen 3 iPod that came with my 2003 VW Beetle purchase. Yesterday I was able to use the original docking station and cables to charge the iPod, which hasn't been used for ~20 years. Apple logo displays and I can hear whirring inside the iPod. When I reset it says Ok to Disconnect and I can see in the upper right that the battery is fully charged, but nothing works -- menu doesn't display, no clicks when I press on any of the buttons, no lights. I've tried reset several times, but nothing changes, it goes back to Apple logo display. When I download iTunes on my Windows laptop, the iPod doesn't appear within iTunes, so I haven't been able to try to restore it from there. Since it doesn't sound like a cable/dock/battery issue, what should I try next?

iPod Classic

Posted on Oct 19, 2024 5:09 AM

There are no replies.

iPod 3rd Gen Classic A1040 (VW Version) charged but doesn't respond

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.