You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

hide my email addresses not forwarding to gmail account

I have been using the hide my email addresses for about a year with it set up to forward emails to my gmail account.  Suddenly, one morning that stops working.  Through troubleshooting Apple Support and I discovered that if I changed the forwarding address to my iCloud email address it worked.  Apple support decides it's a gmail problem.  I don't see it that way.  

My Gmail is working normally in all other aspects.  I believe that Gmail does not care if it's receiving email directly being sent to it or if it was forwarded to it by another service.  To prove this I went to web iCloud email and set it do forward everything my iCloud address receives to my gmail account.  I then tested again.  The hide my email function successfully forwarded the email to my iCloud account where it was then successfully forwarded to my gmail account and I successfully received the email.  So it is illogical that gmail would have no problem receiving email forwarded actually twice and not accept it directly from hide my email.

This is a grand kluge to be sure but it works and tells me the problem isn't with gmail.  It tells me that Apple either accidentally (a bug) or purposely decided to not allow hide my email to forward to gmail accounts.  I will keep this kluge in place for a while and change it back periodically to see if the problem has "miraculously" cured itself.

iPhone 15 Pro, iOS 18

Posted on Oct 19, 2024 7:47 AM

There are no replies.

hide my email addresses not forwarding to gmail account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.