You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Create conditional formatting in a second cell when ticking box in first cell.

Hello! I'm very very new to using Numbers, so forgive me if it's a silly question. However, I didn't find anything through my search other than a very convoluted video that wasn't exactly my question. Basically, I have this simple cell that tells the salary and a checkbox near it, for when it's paid. I'd like, if possible, for the "salary" cell to be highlighted when the box is ticked. I'll leave a picture of it for reference (in the picture it's coloured for unrelated reasons, I had just forgotten to remove the formatting from another cell when I took the screenshot).

Any tips/info on this is appreciated, thank you!

Iane.

iPhone 13, iOS 18

Posted on Oct 19, 2024 8:55 AM

1 reply

Oct 19, 2024 8:15 PM in response to DarthLumiya

With Conditional Highlighting you often need to compare the cell you want to highlight with another cell.

One way to accomplish what you want is to do something like this.

Add a column with a formula that refers to the cell you want to highlight. (Later you can hide this column).

Select the cell you want to highlight, here B1, and apply a Highlighting Rule like this:

Once you've got it working hide Column D if you want.

I've done this on the Mac but the steps in Numbers for iPadOS should be similar.

SG

Create conditional formatting in a second cell when ticking box in first cell.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.