You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Problem getting email content

Hello everyone. My mac downloads a list of emails with no problem but doesn't show their content when I click on them. To get this I have to exit mail and reenter. Very irritating. Woulod appreciate any suggestions

With kind wishes

Nick

iMac 27″, macOS 12.7

Posted on Oct 19, 2024 12:18 PM

3 replies

Oct 19, 2024 5:59 PM in response to Shetlandnick

This solution has worked for other users (not all, though) in the same situation. Here is the Mailbox > Rebuild menu:

The mailbox rebuilding occurs behind the scenes. It is not especially time-consuming: a few minutes for hundreds of emails. There will be no indication as to when it's complete, though.

Oct 19, 2024 5:42 PM in response to 6x6

Thank you for replying. Sorry to say I have been unable to find mailbox>rebuild and so haven't been able to do it. From what I can see from a google search it would take a very long time to do as I have a vast number of stored emails. Having said that I could probably delete most of them if I could find a quick way to do it. Can you kindly explain to me why you think doing this would solve the problem because I was thinking more on the lines of a simple setting somewhere that has got mashed.

With kind wishes

Nick

Problem getting email content

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.