You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Mac "Recently Added" playlist can't be accurately created or sorted by date.

I noted, that although on my iphone the Recently Added playlist exists and works, on the Mac it no longer does.

• Firstly, I have all my music and playlists checked as syncing in the finder.
  • Secondly, if I create a new smart playlist and then make it match for the following rule:

[Date Added] [is after] [1/1/2010],

• (1) it doesn't seem to add everything. Even though I can see all the recent songs under Account>Purchased.
  • (2) The other dumb thing is that I can sort this incomplete smart playlist by year, and by time, but neither sorts fully by date, and there is no date option.

(Note the times behind the menu, the time sort starts with everything bought at midnight 0:00 and goes progressively to 11:59 by the minute, irrespective of the year. WTH? )

SO:

1. How do I get a smart playlist that shows all the purchased music (seen in the purchased list) into a smart playlist that is supposed to show all recently added music (since the Recently Added option doesn't do it)?
  2. Where is the full date sort option?

Mac Studio, macOS 15.0

Posted on Oct 19, 2024 12:15 PM

There are no replies.

Mac "Recently Added" playlist can't be accurately created or sorted by date.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.